Say it with me: “Beer and wings. Beer and wings. Beer and wings.”
When it comes to Cinco de Mayo, getting a cerveza is easy, but have you ever thought about serving it with some wings?
This year, it needs to happen. We all know tacos make the fiesta better, and I’ve stumbled upon the greatest, easiest, crispiest, spiciest taco wings. Here’s how to get it done:
First up you’ll need a couple pounds of wings, a freezer bag, and some Old El Paso taco spice. Pick your heat here, there’s lots of choices.
Get a big freezer bag and combine the spice packet with your wings. Let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours. This may seem like a dry rub, but this will moisten up very nicely.
Put 1 1/2 cup of your favorite chicken breading (panko, bread crumbs, pre-mixed kit) in a separate bag and start dredging the wings 2 or 3 at a time. Place them on a lined baking sheet.
Pop in the oven at 400° F for 25 minutes. Flip them halfway through and … whammo! Taco wings!
I like to serve them alongside some Old El Paso Taco Sauce for dipping to make it even more taco-y.
You can enchilada, burrito or taco your way through Cinco de Mayo – I’ll be feet up with some wings and cerveza, por favor! 🙂
TACO SPICED CHICKEN WINGS
1. Place the chicken wings and the taco spice in a large freezer bag and put in the fridge to marinate for 3 hours.
2. When the wings are marinated, preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Put the breading mixture in a separate bowl or freezer bag.
4. Dredge the marinated wings in the crumbs, and place on a lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
6. Serve on a plate with some Old El Paso taco sauce for dipping.
Here’s your chance to put your own twist on tacos to make your Cinco de Mayo celebration a better fiesta. I’m giving away a $250 gift card to Walmart as well as a variety of Old El Paso products!
Terms and conditions:
- Prize: One (1) $250 Walmart gift card and a selection of Old El Paso products (total prized valued at $275 CAD).
- Contest only open to residents of Canada. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Entrants must use personal social media accounts for sharing. Accounts that are used solely for the purpose of entering contests may have their entries disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- This prize is not transferable, cannot be exchanged for value or applied to previous purchases and is not redeemable for cash or equivalent. Other restrictions may apply.
- Winner will be notified by email on May 8, 2017.