Browsing Category Community

Water Park Guns As Assault Weapons

[twitter]What do you do when an 8-year-old you don’t know unloads an entire water pistol on your chest? If you’re me, you yell at him. Let me back up a bit. With a heat wave…

Read More

$11000 A Year. On Little League.

[twitter]The article, All Parents Deserve A Gold Medal, about the sacrifices Olympic moms make brought in some emotional responses. How can you not have an emotional response? It’s a tearjerker to be sure. But one…

Read More

Why Your Kids Aren’t Cute

[twitter]Did you notice when your preschooler started to look like a ‘big boy’ or a ‘big girl’? According to a new study, there’s a time, usually around 4 and a half, when kids start to…

Read More

Bilingual Kids Are Smarter. Start Early.

[twitter]My dad’s first language was French. I took French throughout elementary school and continued with a couple of courses into university. While I don’t consider myself bilingual, I know enough French to be able to…

Read More

Win Your Way To The Calgary Stampede

[twitter] Kelly Ripa took her Live! With Kelly crew to my backyard this week. She has been broadcasting all her shows from Banff, nestled in the Rocky Mountains just an hour from my home in…

Read More

Babble On

[twitter]When I started DadCAMP in September of 2009, I thought I was on the leading edge of a new niche – Daddy Blogging. I was out of work, and seeing the headlines (and income) that…

Read More

Going To The Bathroom Alone

It’s a simple question: at what age is it no longer okay for kids to be in opposite gender bath/change rooms? The question has been solved at most public pools and spaces by having “family”…

Read More

Thudguard: Helmets for Toddlers

The Thudguard is a soft helmet for toddling babies who can bonk their head a bit. When I was almost consumed by The Cult of Mom at Lynn Valley Library last week, one of the…

Read More

Christmas Gifts For Teachers?

The email from the parent-teacher liaison in my son’s kindergarten class has arrived. The semi-annual request for donations to buy gift cards for the teacher. How do you treat this request? Toss $10 or $15…

Read More

World Diabetes Day

Last week, Erica Ehm of the Yummy Mummy Club posted about charities that she supports and asked the readers to share their charities of choice. It’s an inspiring list of places you can go to…

Read More